Our clients are leading names in the life sciences industry and rely on us to deliver bespoke advice and solutions relating to their stakeholder interactions and communications for their live, hybrid and virtual meetings, congresses and events. We have a dedicated team of qualified in-person/virtual/hybrid event Project Managers and Executives who blend passion, creativity, technology and business know-how to advise, design and deliver full service, high-end impactful events to support our clients to achieve their objectives.
An opportunity has arisen for a high caliber strategic interaction & communication specialist (virtual/digital native) with proven experience in designing, building and delivering integrated event programs, where (digital) event projects play a vital role. Together with a team of qualified event Project Managers and Executives, you will build and lead GCO’s Stakeholder Engagement strategy, inspire and motivate the crew to achieve identified commercial and financial metrics by delivering integrated stakeholder engagement programs, where event management activities are an important – but not the only – ingredient. Creating an optimal flow of touchpoints between client and its strategic stakeholders in order to optimize engagement.
You are a mover and shaker in your field, having worked with leading brands and agencies to create winning projects. Always looking to break new grounds with strategy, creativity and technology, you bring with you your entrepreneurial flair, enthusiasm and creativity to lead GCO into new territories in our stakeholder engagement journey, using cutting edge ideas and technology to chart interactive, engaging and “WOW” experiences for our stakeholders. While doing so, you understand that not always everybody instantly follows your ideas but with applying continuous explanation about the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ and a good portion of diplomacy, you are able to generate a productive and collective mindset and atmosphere and gently move the full team into the right direction.
Since you are (co-)creating and leading the future roadmap of the M&E division, you represent this business unit at MT level and have a direct reporting line to GCO’s CEO.
- HBO/University level education in Creative Strategy / Digitalization / Communication / Strategic Meetings Management / Creative Arts, Media or similar;
- 10+ years prior experience in a senior-level management or staff position;
- Solid background working in event design and execution (or strongly related to this), including large scale in-person events and virtual/hybrid events including webinars and congresses;
- Strong commercial mindset and energized by chasing business opportunities and expanding the client portfolio;
- Experience in television/production/broadcasting is also relevant;
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and executing long-term strategies to produce high-quality, attendee-centric experiences;
- Industry knowledge in emerging trends in event design, especially among emerging technologies and the use of social media to drive event engagement;
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders at various (internal/external) with an ability to impart complex topics in layman’s terms;
- Creative mindset with an entrepreneurial affinity;
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills with the ability to impart this information to key stakeholders within/outside of GCO using technology/data analytics;
- Strong financial experience – budgeting, forecasting, interpreting financial data;
- High level computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Proficient with current technology within the design profession;
- Fluent in oral and written English. Other languages a plus
As a GCO Employee, you will benefit from:
- Hybrid Working Schedule
- Participation in Employee Pension Scheme
- 25 vacation days per year (pro rata)
- 8% Holiday Allowance
- Time for Time Compensation
- Commuting Allowance (Home – Office)
- Daily lunch at Office (when working from home, Eur2/day allowance)
- Worldwide travel insurance
- Customized Onboarding/Training Program to kick start your career with GCO
- Personal Development Plan, Coaching and 1:1 Performance Feedback
- Access to GCO Academy for all your learning and development needs
- Company laptop and mobile phone for your work
Dynamic international working environment with passionate, multi-cultural, fun loving and hardworking colleagues
Waiting for you at GCO
You will be welcomed by a super enthusiastic and passionate group of like-minded colleagues from 15+ nationalities whose mission is to provide our clients with surprising results in a positive way. Our motto is: “Together, we will make it happen!”