Purpose of the role
Our Project Executives are go getting ninjas who create seamless event experiences for our clients. Liaising confidently and clearly with external Meeting Owners/Stakeholders as well as internal colleagues, the Project Executives plan, organize and deliver live, virtual and hybrid events from the initial conceptualization through to the final invoicing. The goal is to ensure clients’ objectives are met and that our events exceed their expectations.
Working under supervision, the Project Executives undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a detailed plan – translate clients’ requirements into deliverables, supplier needs, a budget and work plan, track and ensure all business critical deadlines are met;
- Monitor and diligently oversee the financial process during various phases of the projects and proactively inform involved parties;
- Proactively communicate to ensure Clients are up to date with all aspects of event planning arrangements throughout the life cycle of the project;
- Conduct post event debrief with clients and other stakeholders and where relevant, take appropriate actions;
- Ensure delivery of all live, virtual and hybrid events in accordance with compliance and client-defined guidelines;
- Ensure projects adhere to the principles and codes of corporate governance.
Event Management System (EMS)/Administrative Tasks
- Set up registration process using EMS/Cvent, including registration website;
- Undertake the completion of the invitation & attendee management process including communication, database management & reporting;
- Coordinate Clients’ requirements with all internal/3rd party suppliers and service providers (eg. project and faculty related flights, hotel and other logistical requirements);
- Process purchase orders/invoices and timely/accurately maintain project finance records;
- Ensure development, production, ordering and shipping of project materials;
- Monitor all compliance related tasks, reports, project files and archives are completed;
- Prepare and maintain budgets throughout the life-cycle of each project;
- Ensure financial tracking of each project and conduct regular ‘health checks’ to ensure positive cash flow;
- Maximize profitability of projects – including supplier negotiation and up-selling of additional services to clients;
- Execute effective scope management – to identify and charge clients for out of scope activities;
- Identify, quantify and report cost avoidance/saving measures;
- Submit accurate final reconciliation of projects within agreed timelines;
- Implement cost efficient time management;
- Compile and analyze financial and project evaluation reports.
Sourcing and Contracting
- Review and negotiate contracts with the relevant 3rd party suppliers and vendors;
- Evaluate meeting locations, countries, cities, properties and provide strategic advice to clients.
Client Relationship Management
- Ensure that clients’ requests are promptly and satisfactorily attended to;
- Under the guidance of the Team Lead, develop and maintain client relationships at every phase of the project lifecycle;
- Where relevant, contribute to the development of existing and/or new business opportunities.
- Conduct onsite inspections and undertake planning meetings with all suppliers, where required;
- Be visible on the ground to engage with meeting and/or other stakeholders, ensure and manage successful event experiences;
- Where appropriate, engage with key stakeholder(s) to identify possible future meeting needs and provide follow up. Under the guidance of Team Lead and where appropriate, engage with key stakeholder(s) to identify possible future meeting needs and provide follow-up.
Support to Project Managers
- Where required, provide administrative and/or project support to Project Managers;
Any other duties, as required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in hospitality related, event management or similar studies.
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years’ hands on experience in coordinating live, virtual and hybrid meetings and events within a fast paced international working environment;
- Fully proficient in using Microsoft Office suite, proven aptitude for technology and analytical skills;
- Knowledge and experience working with different virtual platforms;
- Accuracy, attention to detail, organizational and follow-up skills;
- Able to multi-task and deliver quality results under pressure/tight constraints;
- Able to communicate ideas and information clearly and confidently in the English language;
- Affinity working with numbers and big data. Experience in invoice processing and/or financial data reporting is a plus;
- Able to travel extensively, including weekends/public holidays.
As a GCO Employee, you will benefit from:
- Hybrid Working Schedule
- Participation in Employee Pension Scheme
- 25 vacation days per year (pro rata)
- 8% Holiday Allowance
- Time for Time Compensation
- Commuting Allowance (Home – Office)
- Daily lunch at Office (when working from home, Eur2/day allowance)
- Worldwide travel insurance
- Customized Onboarding/Training Program to kick start your career with GCO
- Personal Development Plan, Coaching and 1:1 Performance Feedback
- Access to GCO Academy for all your learning and development needs
- Company laptop and mobile phone for your work
- Dynamic international working environment with passionate, multi-cultural, fun loving and hardworking colleagues