Purpose of the role
Our Project Managers are key catalysts in creating seamless event experiences for our clients globally. Liaising confidently and clearly with external Meeting Owners/Stakeholders as well as internal colleagues, the Project Manager plans, organizes and delivers live, virtual and hybrid events from the initial conceptualization through to the final invoicing. The goal is to ensure clients’ objectives are met and that our events exceed their expectations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a detailed plan – translate clients’ requirements into deliverables, supplier needs, plan and allocate resources, a budget and work plan, track and ensure all business critical deadlines are met;
- Monitor and diligently oversee the financial process during various phases of the projects and proactively inform involved parties;
- Proactively communicate to ensure Clients are up to date with all aspects of event planning arrangements throughout the life cycle of the project;
- Conduct post event debrief with clients and other stakeholders and where relevant, take appropriate actions;
- Ensure delivery of all events in accordance with compliance and client-defined guidelines;
- Ensure projects adhere to the principles and codes of corporate governance.
Event Management System (EMS)/Administrative Tasks
- Set up registration process using EMS/Cvent, including registration website;
- Undertake the completion of the invitation & attendee management process including communication, database management & reporting;
- Coordinate Clients’ requirements with all internal/3rd party suppliers and service providers (eg. project and faculty related flights, hotel and other logistical requirements);
- Process purchase orders/invoices and timely/accurately maintain project finance records;
- Ensure development, production, ordering and shipping of project materials;
- Monitor all compliance related tasks, reports, project files and archives are completed;
- Prepare and maintain budgets throughout the life-cycle of each project;
- Ensure financial tracking of each project and conduct regular ‘health checks’ to ensure positive cash flow;
- Maximize profitability of projects – including supplier negotiation and up-selling of additional services to clients;
- Execute effective scope management – to identify and charge clients for out of scope activities;
- Identify, quantify and report cost avoidance/saving measures;
- Submit accurate final reconciliation of projects within agreed timelines;
- Implement cost efficient time management;
- Compile and analyze financial and project evaluation reports.
Sourcing and Contracting
- Review and negotiate contracts with the relevant 3rd party suppliers and vendors;
- Evaluate meeting locations, countries, cities, properties and provide strategic advice to clients.
Client Relationship Management and Account Development
- Develop and maintain client relationships at every phase of the project life cycle with a view to support the development of existing and/or new accounts;
- Where relevant, liaise with the Account Director regarding new business opportunities and collaborate to further develop and/or close the account.
- Conduct onsite inspections and undertake planning meetings with all suppliers, where required;
- Be visible on the ground to engage with meeting and/or other stakeholders so as to ensure and manage successful event experiences;
- Where appropriate, engage with key stakeholder(s) to identify possible future meeting needs and provide follow-up.
Any other duties, as required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in hospitality related, event management or similar studies;
- Certified Meeting Professional (eg.CMP) or Digital Event Strategist certification(DES) is a plus.
Skills and Experience
- 3 – 6 years’ hands on experience in successfully delivering a wide range of complex live, virtual and hybrid meetings and events from start to finish, overseeing multiple projects and simultaneous work streams at a global level;
- Knowledgeable of up-to-date virtual event technologies, industry trends, and competition;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines, multitask, and prioritize responsibilities;
- Experience in managing virtual and hybrid event productions;
- Advanced knowledge and experience with virtual platforms;
- Experience in communicating with and advising, senior-level stakeholders;
- Superior interpersonal and communicative skills in the English language – written and verbal;
- Experience in managing and coaching others;
- Able to multi-task and deliver quality results under pressure/tight constraints;
- Accuracy, attention to detail, organizational and follow-up skills;
- Fully proficient in using Microsoft Office suite, proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and analytical skills;
- Experience in working with financial budgets, tools and financial planning;
- Able to travel extensively, including weekends/public holidays.
As a GCO Employee, you will benefit from:
- Customized Onboarding/Training Program to kick start your career with GCO
- Personal Development Plan, Coaching and 1:1 Performance Feedback
- Access to learning platform for your learning and development needs
- Company laptop and mobile phone for your work
- Time for time compensation
- Dynamic international working environment with passionate, multi-cultural, fun loving and hardworking colleagues
- Company provided Daily Lunch at the Office
- Work from Home Allowance
- Commuting Allowance (Home – Office – Return)
- Worldwide travel insurance when undertaking business for GCO